classickatblr said: Guillermo Del Toro said that he will return to SDCC next year with members of the Crimson Peak cast. Do you think you will go yourself if Tom is among them??!!!
You know, that’s a very interesting question. For it indeed does seem very likely that Tom will be at SDCC next year. Even with that, I still don’t plan on going. For a number of personal reasons:
- Attending SDCC takes an incredible amount of energy, both physical and mental. It really is a bit much for me.
- Been there, done that: nothing can top SDCC 2013 for me.
- I would really, really like my next Tom Hiddleston experience to be a proper meeting, where I can talk with him for a minute or two, pose next to him for a picture/selfie, and get an autograph on an item of my choice. I was naïve enough two years ago to think that Comic Con would be a good place to make that happen. I now know that Comic Con is one of the worst places to try to meet Tom Hiddleston. It’s like trying to meet Mick Jagger at a Rolling Stones concert. Seriously, SDCC is NOT a good place to try to meet Tom.
- My family already has two other major trips planned for 2015
- I had tons and tons of fun living SDCC vicariously this year via Twitter.
Of course, all of this will go out the window next year when Tom is doing a Nerd HQ and I will be wishing I was in that audience. ;) But right now I am being very rational and realizing it would not be the best choice for me.
classickatblr, if you plan on being there, please tell Tom I said “Hi”!
Anonymous said: Hope this isn't too weird to ask, but did your husband and son enjoyed their SDCC experience? What's the most exciting thing they did, the most exciting star they met there? Did they get to Hall H? Did they do the Nerd HQ thing?
Not weird at all! I just picked them up from the airport. Yes, they enjoyed it very much. They are both big The Walking Dead fans, and they loved The Walking Dead Hall H panel on Friday and then also The Walking Dead Escape Experience over at Petco Park.
They saw every panel and presentation they wanted to see, but their one big regret is that they were always either rushing to get in a line or just simply standing in line that they didn’t get to see much of the cosplay out front.
They did not meet any stars (tho my hubby did stop by the Marvel booth to say hi to Agent M), and they didn’t do any Nerd HQ.
PS…For my souviners, they brought me home both the Crimson Peak buttons and the framed Loki TTDW film cell. :) Good boys!
Anonymous said: Did you see Marvel's tweet with photo of Loki's staff at SDCC booth last night?
I did indeed. Glad to see Loki represented.